Wednesday 21st September 2016
This is a Member event
Dear BCS Member
NOTIFICATION OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – BCS BERKSHIRE BRANCH
I have pleasure in drawing your attention to the forthcoming Annual General Meeting of BCS Berkshire Branch which will be held at UTC, Crescent Road, Reading, RG1 5RQ on Wednesday 21st September 2016 commencing at 7pm.
The AGM will be followed by a talk entitled “Almost VR” – an intriguing look into the way VR is changing how we look at technology and use it for exciting training and organisational learning activities. Please book your place here: https://events.bcs.org/book/2196/ for the talk. Please use timings on this email. All members are welcome to attend our AGM.
I would be grateful if you could make every effort to attend this important event in our calendar. Light refreshments will be available from 7pm and the talk will commence around 7.30pm
- Welcome and Introductions
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the previous AGM
- Matters arising from the minutes
- A report from the Chair on the year’s activities
- A report from the Treasurer, including a review of income and expenditure against the budget agreed with BCS HQ for the past year and an explanation of next years budget request.
- Election of Chair, Treasurer and committee members
- Any other business
Copies of the Minutes of the 2015 AGM are available on our website. Officers’ reports will be tabled at the AGM and will be available on the website afterwards. If possible, please notify the undersigned of any matters you would wish to raise under Item 8, Any Other Business, no later than 18th September 2016.
Full details of the events programme are in the final stages of construction and will be published under the events section at http://berkshire.bcs.org/events
Your committee needs your support to continue in its work for all our members. New members to help us run our events are always most welcome and we would be grateful for any nominations to join the committee to be made using the attached form.
Anthony Parker MBCS, CITP, MBA
Chairman Berkshire Branch BCS
BCS BERKSHIRE BRANCH – ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2016
ELECTION OF COMMITTEE
The Berkshire Branch Committee for the period 2016-17 will be elected at the 2016 AGM which will be held at UTC, Crescent Road, Reading, RG1 5RQ on Wednesday 21st September 2016 commencing at 7pm..
The current committee, listed below, were elected in September 2015. Whilst some committee members have already signified their willingness to offer themselves for re-election in the year 2016-17, we welcome and encourage nominations for any of the following Offices or committee positions:
- Academic Liason
- YPG Representative
- Communications Manager
- General Committee Member(s)
The nomination form can be found here – Nomination Form for AGM
The current committee is listed in full below. Positions currently vacant or due to become vacant are shown and we would hope to fill these at the AGM from nominations received.
- Anthony Parker – Chairman
- Andrew Fieldsend – Secretary
- Chris Todd-Davies – Treasurer
- Mike Buckland – Events Manager
- YPG Representative (vacant)
- Communications Manager (vacant)
- Event Assistant (vacant)
- Tony Levene – Volunteering Liason
- Dan Sydes– Education Liason
- Mia Palatano – Social Media Manager
- Kurien Philip – Webmaster
- Paul Foster – General Committee Member
- Paul Scrivens – General Committee Member
- Glenn Healy – Student Chapter Co-Chair/Events
- Jules Gribble – Student Chapter Co-Chair/Events
Please note that nominations for the election of Officers and Committee members must be signed by two members and, ideally, should be lodged with the Chair or Secretary by email (Name and address on Nomination Form) at least 3 days before the date fixed for the Annual General Meeting; that is by 18th September 2016. The consent of the nominee must be lodged with the nomination.
or use the contact link on BCS Berkshire Branch web-page – berkshire.bcs.org.uk